Sony Online Entertainment and Acony Games will end platinum member billing for Bullet Run Feb. 1 and shut down the servers on March 8, according to an announcement on the official website.
"After much review and consideration, Acony Games and Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) have mutually made the decision to discontinue development on the free-to-play FPS game, Bullet Run," the post reads. "As a result, SOE and Acony will sunset the game and end all game services for Bullet Run on March 8, 2013. We would like to thank the players for their dedication and support of the game."
Platinum members will get prorated refunds on their remaining time, and those with active memberships will be able to continue as platinum members until the game ends. Any Station Cash players still have after March 8 will be usable in other SOE games.
According to the post, there is "no plan to relaunch the game."
Bullet Run was released for Windows in July 2012.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer