Copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening might not arrive at several retailers in time for the game's Feb. 4 release date due to shipping errors, Game Informer reports.
Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon are all affected businesses, though not every location will experience delays. Some Best Buy stores have quoted Feb. 6 as an expected date, while different GameStop locations are predicting as late as Feb. 8. Amazon does not offer an estimated date, though it does include a notice for a potential shipping delay as a result of manufacture fault.
We have contacted Nintendo for comment and will update accordingly. Fire Emblem: Awakening will release exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. Read our review here.
Update: Nintendo responded with the following statement:
"Nintendo makes every effort to make sure its games and systems are available at retail stores nationwide on launch day. Sometimes, because of the variables of shipping, different retailers receive their shipments on different days. Fire Emblem Awakening can be purchased right now from the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)