Copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening might not arrive at several retailers in time for the game's Feb. 4 release date due to shipping errors, Game Informer reports.
Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon are all affected businesses, though not every location will experience delays. Some Best Buy stores have quoted Feb. 6 as an expected date, while different GameStop locations are predicting as late as Feb. 8. Amazon does not offer an estimated date, though it does include a notice for a potential shipping delay as a result of manufacture fault.
We have contacted Nintendo for comment and will update accordingly. Fire Emblem: Awakening will release exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. Read our review here.
Update: Nintendo responded with the following statement:
"Nintendo makes every effort to make sure its games and systems are available at retail stores nationwide on launch day. Sometimes, because of the variables of shipping, different retailers receive their shipments on different days. Fire Emblem Awakening can be purchased right now from the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)