Copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening might not arrive at several retailers in time for the game's Feb. 4 release date due to shipping errors, Game Informer reports.
Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon are all affected businesses, though not every location will experience delays. Some Best Buy stores have quoted Feb. 6 as an expected date, while different GameStop locations are predicting as late as Feb. 8. Amazon does not offer an estimated date, though it does include a notice for a potential shipping delay as a result of manufacture fault.
We have contacted Nintendo for comment and will update accordingly. Fire Emblem: Awakening will release exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. Read our review here.
Update: Nintendo responded with the following statement:
"Nintendo makes every effort to make sure its games and systems are available at retail stores nationwide on launch day. Sometimes, because of the variables of shipping, different retailers receive their shipments on different days. Fire Emblem Awakening can be purchased right now from the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS."
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Flick Bird - clone of Flappy Bird
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup