Spicy Horse's Akaneiro: Demon Hunters reached its Kickstarter funding goal this weekend, raising $204,680 of its $200,000 goal.
The success of the campaign means the studio can now devote its time to porting the action role-playing game to Android and iOS tablets and Linux, as well as implement co-op multiplayer, an equipment crafting system and improved community support.
Additional features that the development team will implement include: lockbox items and additional consumables, expanded weapon and armor varieties, additional Spirit Helper Pet varieties, leaderboards and a rank-based achievement system with rewards.
The game fell short of its $233,000 stretch goal, which would have given the game an Ouya version, new expansions and even more armor and weapons.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)