"Frozen Synapse proved that turn-based strategy doesn't have to be about people with misguided beards prodding tanks into lonely hexagons," Paul Taylor, the co-founder and joint MD of Mode 7, said on the official Double Eleven blog.
British-based studio Double Eleven, the team who developed LittleBigPlanet for the PS Vita, is working with the independent developer to bring the title to consoles.
"We have put our trust in Double Eleven to translate our original vision for a PlayStation audience; they have impressed us with their commitment to creating a completely new version for Sony's awesome hardware," continued Taylor in the statement.
"We don't want to give too much away yet, but I will say that Frozen Synapse: Tactics is not simply a transition of the original onto console; we will be giving it a complete Double Eleven makeover," Mark South, COO for Double Eleven, said in a statement.
First released on May 26, 2011 for PC, Mac and Linux, Frozen Synapse saw its first expansion pack Frozen Synapse Red released the following year on May 29, 2012. Frozen Synapse has moved over 430, 000 copies to date and The Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle, which included the game and the soundtrack, grossed over $ 1 million within a two-week period in 2011.
Back in May 2012, Frozen Synapse was involved with Because We May, a week-long campaign for developers to give a hat tip to online publishers for letting developers to set their own prices.
Frozen Synapse: Tactics is due for release sometime this year for an unannounced price.
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Battlefield 4's Carrier Assault mode lets you wage war with an aircraft carrier
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Dark Souls 2's prologue sets the tone for the Cursed journey ahead
- EA cancels Titanfall release in South Africa
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure launches in America April 29
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?