Temple Run: Oz the Great and Powerful, a licensed tie-in inspired by the upcoming Sam Raimi-directed film of the same name, is scheduled to launch Feb. 27, Disney France PR representative Cecile Fouques confirmed on Twitter.
The title was also referenced on the Facebook account of Patrick Faulkner, a tester for the game.
This re-interpretation of the Temple Run franchise is set to release just one week before the official cinematic launch of the Raimi Film. The film version of Oz the Great and Powerful will hit theaters on March 8.
While no official platforms for the game are announced as of yet, it's safe to assume it will most definitely hit mobile devices like the previous Temple Run release. This isn't the first time Disney has used this game as a marketing tool, either. Last year the company released Temple Run: Brave to help in promoting the animated film.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'