PlayStation Plus subscribers can download Guardians of Middle-earth for free starting tomorrow, and can get big discounts on downloadable titles across PS3 and PS Vita, the PlayStation Blog announced today.
The Feb. 5 update to the PlayStation Store adds Guardians of Middle-earth, Monolith's multiplayer online battle arena title, to PlayStation Plus subscribers' Instant Game Collections. Those same premium members can also download last year's remake of Karateka for $5, half off its standard price of $9.99.
Two more cross-platform titles for PS3 and PS Vita will have their prices cut by 40 percent with tomorrow's update: Big Sky Infinity, a trippy, randomly generated shooter, will be available for $5.99 (down from $9.99); Nifflas' cavernous action-platformer Knytt Underground will be discounted to $8.99 (down from $14.99). Both titles are Cross-Buy-compatible, so purchases on one platform will unlock the game for the other.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game