The online multiplayer add-on content for 2010's Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, set to release on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this week, has been delayed once again just two days before its scheduled release, a representative for Ubisoft confirmed to Polygon today.
The representative stated that the content has been further delayed for "fine-tuning" to address concerns raised over the presentation of the content's sprites.
"The downloadable content for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game has been delayed for fine-tuning and to incorporate feedback from the passionate Scott Pilgrim community," the representative said. "Ubisoft is addressing feedback from the community on the best ways to honor retro games in the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game DLC in an accurate and respectful manner. Ubisoft, and the new team developing the DLC, respect creative properties and, of course, want to be sure to deliver a game experience that is a proper tribute to the Scott Pilgrim franchise."
Last week, criticism over the DLC's content spread via social media sites, some claiming the DLC's sprites had been copied from 2004 Game Boy Advance title Sonic Battle. In response to fan tweets about the supposedly copied sprites, creator Brian Lee O'Malley tweeted that "none of the team worked on this DLC."
The add-on content, originally announced in August 2012 for $5/400 Microsoft Points — over three years after the game was originally announced at the 2009 Comic-Con — will add an online multiplayer component and Scott's roommate Wallace Wells as a playable character. That same month it was announced the DLC would be delayed until fall. In December the content was pushed back again to 2013, and just last month the XBLA version was given a Feb. 6 release date.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- PlayStation Store flash sale discounts Braid, Tokyo Jungle and more to just $0.99
- Cel Damage HD out on Tuesday for all PlayStation platforms
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Splinter Cell Echoes comic coming this summer
- Final Fantasy 3 could be coming to PC