Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will receive Virtual Reality Missions as downloadable content, Konami social media manager Dalton Link announced via PlayStation Blog.
In North America, VR Missions will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3. The DLC will feature 30 different missions inspired by the original Metal Gear Solid's VR content. Missions include a variety of approaches, including combat training, tactical maneuvering, stealth and more. According to Link, VR missions are a way for players to practice and perfect their skills in stages that will not be included in the game's main campaign. In some instances, players will also be able to control Dwarf Gekkos, unmanned weapons with three arms.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is currently slated to release Feb. 19 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. VR Missions will be available in North America, Latin America, Europe and Japan, though the PS3 exclusivity applies only to the North America. The game is available for pre-order now, with different retailers offering different skins.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business