Game Informer's March 2013 issue confirms the existence of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by devoting a cover to the third installment of CD Projekt Red's fantasy role-playing game.
Posted by NeoGAF forum user Indigo_Cyclops, the cover shows two people in medieval attire on horseback looking over what appears to be a village that has been set alight. The image is accompanied by the coverline: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. A must see next generation [sic] RPG."
The contents page of the magazine (which was also posted to NeoGAF) teases the following about the game:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
CD Projekt Red's The Witcher 3 takes the series' dark fantasy universe and non-linear storytelling into a truly open world for the first time. Even if you haven't been following Geralt's exploits so far, The Witcher 3 offers a perfect entry point.
CD Projekt Red teased a Witcher 3 announcement at the end of its trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 last month. The message read: "...And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about. On the 5th of February it will be all clear."
We have reached out to CD Projekt Red for more information about the game.
Update: Game Informer confirmed on its website that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available." The below video posted by Game Informer contains snippets of interviews with the game's developers about Wild Hunt.
Update 2: CD Projekt Red has released a brief teaser video revealing the game's title, as seen below. The game will be the final Witcher title in the original trilogy, a press release accompanying the trailer confirmed.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Twitch Plays Pokémon starting Pokémon X on July 27 thanks to modded 3DS
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN