Game Informer's March 2013 issue confirms the existence of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by devoting a cover to the third installment of CD Projekt Red's fantasy role-playing game.
Posted by NeoGAF forum user Indigo_Cyclops, the cover shows two people in medieval attire on horseback looking over what appears to be a village that has been set alight. The image is accompanied by the coverline: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. A must see next generation [sic] RPG."
The contents page of the magazine (which was also posted to NeoGAF) teases the following about the game:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
CD Projekt Red's The Witcher 3 takes the series' dark fantasy universe and non-linear storytelling into a truly open world for the first time. Even if you haven't been following Geralt's exploits so far, The Witcher 3 offers a perfect entry point.
CD Projekt Red teased a Witcher 3 announcement at the end of its trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 last month. The message read: "...And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about. On the 5th of February it will be all clear."
We have reached out to CD Projekt Red for more information about the game.
Update: Game Informer confirmed on its website that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available." The below video posted by Game Informer contains snippets of interviews with the game's developers about Wild Hunt.
Update 2: CD Projekt Red has released a brief teaser video revealing the game's title, as seen below. The game will be the final Witcher title in the original trilogy, a press release accompanying the trailer confirmed.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Tearaway started life as a fleshy finger game
- Longtime Castlevania producer leaves Konami
- Grand Theft Auto 5's PC version will get an updated soundtrack
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.