Game Informer's March 2013 issue confirms the existence of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by devoting a cover to the third installment of CD Projekt Red's fantasy role-playing game.
Posted by NeoGAF forum user Indigo_Cyclops, the cover shows two people in medieval attire on horseback looking over what appears to be a village that has been set alight. The image is accompanied by the coverline: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. A must see next generation [sic] RPG."
The contents page of the magazine (which was also posted to NeoGAF) teases the following about the game:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
CD Projekt Red's The Witcher 3 takes the series' dark fantasy universe and non-linear storytelling into a truly open world for the first time. Even if you haven't been following Geralt's exploits so far, The Witcher 3 offers a perfect entry point.
CD Projekt Red teased a Witcher 3 announcement at the end of its trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 last month. The message read: "...And that's not all that's new, we are about to reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about. On the 5th of February it will be all clear."
We have reached out to CD Projekt Red for more information about the game.
Update: Game Informer confirmed on its website that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available." The below video posted by Game Informer contains snippets of interviews with the game's developers about Wild Hunt.
Update 2: CD Projekt Red has released a brief teaser video revealing the game's title, as seen below. The game will be the final Witcher title in the original trilogy, a press release accompanying the trailer confirmed.
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Mad Catz launching Xbox One Tritton headsets this summer
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry honored for fostering game industry growth
- Microsoft promises 'a great experience' for Titanfall on 360
- Hawken devs working on VOIP problems, team balancing and more
- Watch Dogs closed beta appears and disappears from Xbox One, gamers report
- This 40-minute video will teach you how not to die in Dark Souls 2
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends