They also rejected courting from the co-founder of Napster, Sean Parker, who wanted to be a part of the Mojang party.
Carl Manneh, one of the three Mojang co-founders said that independence is a "core strength" of Mojang
"We can make decisions by going into a room and in 15 minutes we're done. We try to be extremely agile, to release games quickly," Manneh said in the Reuters interview.
Jakob Porser, another Mojang co-founder told Reuters that they were wondering if Minecraft had peaked as figures were declining in the pre-Christmas period; however, the musings were overshadowed by a "massive surge" of sales over Christmas.
Polygon reported that Mojang’s 2012 revenue almost hit $240 million. Minecraft’s sole creator, Markus "Notch" Persson recently said on Reddit, that his earnings for 2012, which totaled around $101.4 million, were "weird but wonderful."
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal