They also rejected courting from the co-founder of Napster, Sean Parker, who wanted to be a part of the Mojang party.
Carl Manneh, one of the three Mojang co-founders said that independence is a "core strength" of Mojang
"We can make decisions by going into a room and in 15 minutes we're done. We try to be extremely agile, to release games quickly," Manneh said in the Reuters interview.
Jakob Porser, another Mojang co-founder told Reuters that they were wondering if Minecraft had peaked as figures were declining in the pre-Christmas period; however, the musings were overshadowed by a "massive surge" of sales over Christmas.
Polygon reported that Mojang’s 2012 revenue almost hit $240 million. Minecraft’s sole creator, Markus "Notch" Persson recently said on Reddit, that his earnings for 2012, which totaled around $101.4 million, were "weird but wonderful."
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay