Worms, the latest installment in the long-running series developed by U.K. studio Team17, is officially open to the public on Facebook after a lengthy beta period.
The game allows Facebook users to challenge then battle friends, use classic Worms weapons such as the bazooka and banana bomb, while players can also customize worms and their own island. The Facebook game features weekly challenges, leaderboards and achievements, and offers players the chance to purchase weapons and gear through the in-game shop with both digital and real currency.
Worms on Facebook first entered closed beta last summer, with plans for an official launch in late 2012. We have contacted Team17 for clarification regarding this minor delay.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?