Borderlands 2: Add-on Content Pack, a retail disc release featuring the game's first two downloadable expansions, will launch Feb. 26 worldwide on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $29.99, publisher 2K Games announced today.
The existence of the package was rumored last month when the Australian Classification Board listed a "Borderlands 2 Expansion Pack" for retail release.
The Add-on Content Pack not only comes with the first two Borderlands 2 expansions, Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty and Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, but also includes all the downloadable content that developer Gearbox Software released up until the launch of the Mr. Torgue DLC.
That consists of Gaige the Mechromancer, the extra character class that was released in mid-October; the Creature Slaughter Dome, which was pre-order bonus content from GameStop; a Golden Key for the chest in Sanctuary; extra weapons like the Skyrocket Grenade; and additional customization options such as heads and skins.
Gearbox launched a similar collection for the original Borderlands, the Borderlands Double Game Add-On Pack, in April 2010 for $19.99; the bundle included that game's first two add-ons, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Max Moxxi's Underdome Riot. According to 2K Games, Borderlands 2: Add-on Content Pack contains $40 of content.
Borderlands 2 will be required to play the Add-on Content Pack, but online connectivity won't. Check out the box art in the gallery below.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft