Dead Space 3 launched today, and players will be able to continue their experience next month with the launch of the Awakened add-on, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
Details are scant at the moment, but the DLC will be available for $9.99 on PlayStation Network and Windows PC, and 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade.
In Awakened, said EA, "players will experience the franchise's darkest chapters as the Necromorph battles become even more gruesome and terrifying than ever before." It's unclear if Awakened will extend the campaign or exist as a separate piece of content.
Steve Papoutsis, vice president and general manager of developer Visceral Games, added, "In Dead Space 3 Awakened, gamers will experience some of the most disturbing content they have ever seen in a Dead Space game — they are going to love it." Papoutsis also served as the executive producer of Dead Space 3.
Check out our full review of the action-horror sequel here.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- We knew Dark Souls 2 was missing something (it's Rocky)
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer