A recent update for the DayZ mod to Arma 2 brought several new weapons, introduced new ways to get infected and made zombies more adept at tracking down survivors, according to a post on the DayZ forums.
With update 184.108.40.206, players may now get infections from blood bags, unboiled water and newly edible raw meat. Zombies — or zeds, as they're called in DayZ — can now damage and open vehicles like the ATV, which can now be flipped to its upright position. The undead can also hear better and will come running when they hear trees being cut down.
The update applies to the Arma 2 mod version of DayZ. In a recent Reddit AMA, Dean Hall, the creator of the open-world zombie shooter, said that he hopes to release the standalone version of DayZ before April. The developers also made a video highlighting the changes in the standalone version, which you can see here.
You can check out a long and detailed list of additions and changes in DayZ mod update 220.127.116.11 on the DayZ forums.
Update: A previous version of this article displayed an image from The War Z. We have corrected the image and regret the error.
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)