A recent update for the DayZ mod to Arma 2 brought several new weapons, introduced new ways to get infected and made zombies more adept at tracking down survivors, according to a post on the DayZ forums.
With update 18.104.22.168, players may now get infections from blood bags, unboiled water and newly edible raw meat. Zombies — or zeds, as they're called in DayZ — can now damage and open vehicles like the ATV, which can now be flipped to its upright position. The undead can also hear better and will come running when they hear trees being cut down.
The update applies to the Arma 2 mod version of DayZ. In a recent Reddit AMA, Dean Hall, the creator of the open-world zombie shooter, said that he hopes to release the standalone version of DayZ before April. The developers also made a video highlighting the changes in the standalone version, which you can see here.
You can check out a long and detailed list of additions and changes in DayZ mod update 22.214.171.124 on the DayZ forums.
Update: A previous version of this article displayed an image from The War Z. We have corrected the image and regret the error.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)