A recent update for the DayZ mod to Arma 2 brought several new weapons, introduced new ways to get infected and made zombies more adept at tracking down survivors, according to a post on the DayZ forums.
With update 22.214.171.124, players may now get infections from blood bags, unboiled water and newly edible raw meat. Zombies — or zeds, as they're called in DayZ — can now damage and open vehicles like the ATV, which can now be flipped to its upright position. The undead can also hear better and will come running when they hear trees being cut down.
The update applies to the Arma 2 mod version of DayZ. In a recent Reddit AMA, Dean Hall, the creator of the open-world zombie shooter, said that he hopes to release the standalone version of DayZ before April. The developers also made a video highlighting the changes in the standalone version, which you can see here.
You can check out a long and detailed list of additions and changes in DayZ mod update 126.96.36.199 on the DayZ forums.
Update: A previous version of this article displayed an image from The War Z. We have corrected the image and regret the error.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too