A recent update for the DayZ mod to Arma 2 brought several new weapons, introduced new ways to get infected and made zombies more adept at tracking down survivors, according to a post on the DayZ forums.
With update 18.104.22.168, players may now get infections from blood bags, unboiled water and newly edible raw meat. Zombies — or zeds, as they're called in DayZ — can now damage and open vehicles like the ATV, which can now be flipped to its upright position. The undead can also hear better and will come running when they hear trees being cut down.
The update applies to the Arma 2 mod version of DayZ. In a recent Reddit AMA, Dean Hall, the creator of the open-world zombie shooter, said that he hopes to release the standalone version of DayZ before April. The developers also made a video highlighting the changes in the standalone version, which you can see here.
You can check out a long and detailed list of additions and changes in DayZ mod update 22.214.171.124 on the DayZ forums.
Update: A previous version of this article displayed an image from The War Z. We have corrected the image and regret the error.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta