Black Forest Games will self-publish Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams on PlayStation Network alongside its release on Xbox Live Arcade and Windows PC this spring, the developer announced today.
The retro-style side-scrolling platformer follows teenager Giana on a quest to save her sister in a treacherous fantasy world, using her unique transformation powers to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. The title is the spiritual successor to Time Warp Productions' 1987 PC platformer The Great Giana Sisters and sequel to 2009 DS game Giana Sisters DS.
Black Forest raised over $186,000 through Kickstarter last summer to develop Twisted Dreams, which was also published through Steam in the fall after garnering community approval through Steam Greenlight.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams be available across all platforms in early spring and will be available for PC at retail. The XBLA and PC versions will be published by German company bitComposer Entertainment.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters