Redbox Instant by Verizon is headed exclusively to Xbox 360 consoles "in the very near future," according to a post on Major Nelson's blog.
The app will offer video rentals and purchases, both for subscribers and non-subscribers to Redbox Instant service. Currently in beta, Redbox Instant offers a monthly subscription service, which allows subscribers to stream content and rent from Redbox kiosks. The post did not offer any further details on who will be eligible for the service, though if Netflix and Hulu Plus are any indication, Redbox Instant will likely be limited to Xbox Live Gold members. You can find out more about Redbox Instant at the official website, where the company is offering a free one-month trial.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs