Sony Computer Entertainment America has a new creative agency on board to handle the future direction of its PlayStation brand, BBH New York. The creative agency replaces Deutsch, which the PlayStation maker brought on board a year after the PlayStation 3 launched.
The announcement of a new advertising agency comes a week after Sony teased a possible next-generation console reveal on Feb. 20, where we'll "see the future" of PlayStation.
"PlayStation is one of the most exciting and coveted brands in the world, so we're thrilled and humbled to partner with SCEA," said John Patroulis, Chief Creative Officer, BBH New York in an announcement. "They have a smart and ambitious team and we can't wait to get started."
BBH New York's clients include Google, Axe, the BBC, Sprite and The Weather Channel.
Outgoing creative agency Deutsch, which recently created live-action advertising for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and Sony's "Michael" commercials, replaced TBWA in 2007. TBWA was responsible for some of the PlayStation brand's darkest, most suggestive print and broadcast advertising.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs