Capcom Arcade Cabinet, the collection of '80s arcade game ports for PSN and XBLA first announced last month by the publisher, got its full game list and release schedule announced today in Japan.
According to this week's issue of Famitsu magazine, the series will kick off in two weeks' time (Feb. 19 on PS3, Feb. 20 on Xbox 360) in Japan. On those dates, Black Tiger, a side-scrolling fantasy game with some RPG elements, will be downloadable for free, and a "1987 Pack" consisting of early shooter 1943 and beat-'em-up Avengers will also be available for 500 yen (PSN) or 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live.
After that, more game packages will be made available on the following dates for both the PS3 and 360. Each pack will cost 1,000 yen or 800 MS Points.
- March 5: 1985-1 Pack (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Gun.Smoke, Section Z)
- March 19: 1986 Pack (Sidearms, Legendary Wings, Trojan)
- April 2: 1985-2 Pack (Commando, The Speed Rumbler, Savage Bees)
- April 16: 1984 Pack (1942, SonSon, Higemaru)
Free demos for all the arcade games will be available upon release and you'll also be able to buy games individually for 400 yen or 320 MS Points each, although you'll need to wait two weeks after the release of the respective game pack.
Capcom hasn't announced the worldwide release schedule yet, although the European PEGI board has released content ratings for all of the above games, as well as 1943 Kai andVulgus. Details are due out shortly, however.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes