Actor Michael Keaton, best known for his starring roles in Batman and Beetlejuice, joins the cast of Need for Speed, the live-action film based on the game series of the same name.
The Scott Waugh-directed film tells the story of a local street racer who begins a partnership with a rich, business-minded colleague, only to be framed and sent to prison. Once out of jail, his former associate places a bounty on his head, leading to a cross-country gauntlet from New York to Los Angeles.
This film adaptation of the series from Electronic Arts features a cast that includes Imogen Poots, Kid Cudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malik, Harison Gilbertson, Dominic Cooper and Aaron Paul. Michael Keaton takes on the role of an eccentric recluse who hosts an underground race between the best drivers in the world.
The film is written by George Gatins, whose brother — Flight screenwriter John Gatins — is set to produce along with Mark Sourian and Patrick O'Brien.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song