In a post called "Q1 2013 Milestone Plans," Firefall community manger Matt "Phobos" DeWald revealed that the developer has broken down the changes into several categories. The Matchmaking Team will fix bugs, balance player-versus-player matchmaking and rework the challenge mode tool. Red 5 is also creating a new PvP game that focuses on a single objective, working on an experience tailored to new users and iterating on Firefall's progression system to make it "easier to understand and more fun to use overall."
Earlier this week, Red 5 detailed some of the changes coming to PvP encounters. You can check out the official post for all the details, including a new crafting system and changes to open world combat here.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes