In a post called "Q1 2013 Milestone Plans," Firefall community manger Matt "Phobos" DeWald revealed that the developer has broken down the changes into several categories. The Matchmaking Team will fix bugs, balance player-versus-player matchmaking and rework the challenge mode tool. Red 5 is also creating a new PvP game that focuses on a single objective, working on an experience tailored to new users and iterating on Firefall's progression system to make it "easier to understand and more fun to use overall."
Earlier this week, Red 5 detailed some of the changes coming to PvP encounters. You can check out the official post for all the details, including a new crafting system and changes to open world combat here.
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC reintroduces Alucard March 25