In a post called "Q1 2013 Milestone Plans," Firefall community manger Matt "Phobos" DeWald revealed that the developer has broken down the changes into several categories. The Matchmaking Team will fix bugs, balance player-versus-player matchmaking and rework the challenge mode tool. Red 5 is also creating a new PvP game that focuses on a single objective, working on an experience tailored to new users and iterating on Firefall's progression system to make it "easier to understand and more fun to use overall."
Earlier this week, Red 5 detailed some of the changes coming to PvP encounters. You can check out the official post for all the details, including a new crafting system and changes to open world combat here.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song