The developers behind Ouya plan to release a new Ouya console annually, following the model of mobile development rather than traditional console cycles, CEO Julie Uhrman told Engadget.
"There will be a new Ouya every year. There will be an Ouya 2 and an Ouya 3," said Uhrman. "We'll take advantage of faster, better processors, take advantage of prices falling. So if we can get more than 8GB of Flash in our box, we will."
Going forward, all games for the system will be backwards compatible, allowing users to continue purchasing newer models of Ouya while retaining their collection of games. According to Uhrman, "the games will be tied to you, the gamer," in a manner similar to Steam.
Ouya is scheduled to launch this March before hitting retailers in June. It was revealed this week that developer Double Fine plans to bring two of its adventure game titles, The Cave and the Kickstarter-funded Double Fine Adventures to the Android-powered console.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
More from Polygon
- master of vashikaran specialist baba +91-9950211818
- Powerful Vashikaran Mantra, Voodoo-spell+91-9950211818
- Tone totke for love marriage specialist +91-9950211818
- Love Vashikaran Solution Astrologer +91-9950211818
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- love guru - best love problem specialist+91-9950211818
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today