Activision's Skylanders franchise has already reached over 100 million toys sold,, it was announced during Activision's Toy Fair 2013 press conference.
The popular franchise hit over $500 million in total revenue sales on top of this, based on the video game and collectible toy collection. Skylanders Giants, the sequel to Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, made over $195 million in the U.S alone.
The next installment in the Skylanders series, Skylanders Swap Force is scheduled to hit this fall, featuring a new line of figures both outside and in the game. The toys, which are made up of two halves and split at the waist, are user-swappable characters that can be customized to allow players more choice. The ability to swap out halves of all the 16 characters that will be made available at launch will give rise to 256 unique combinations.
Skylanders Swap Force will be made available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U, as developed by Vicarious Visions. Version for Wii and Nintendo 3DS are in development from Beenox.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer