The next installment in the Assassin's Creed series will be coming in Ubisoft's 2014 fiscal year, and will feature a new hero in a new time period, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced today during the company's third-quarter earnings call.
"We are delighted and proud to announce today that in financial year '14, we will introduce an all-new Assassin's Creed hero, within an all new team and time period, and we expect it to be another major leap forward for the franchise," said Guillemot. "It is the benefit of multiple teams working on multiple chapters of the product, each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin's Creed game."
Guillemot added Ubisoft will share more details on the next Assassin's Creed title "very soon."
Ubisoft's next fiscal year will run from April 1, 2013, through March 31, 2014.
Released last fall, Assassin's Creed 3 introduced the series' newest hero, Connor (Native American name Ratonhnhaké:ton), and was the first title to bring the franchise's storyline to North America. It took place in colonial America during the late 18th century, around the American Revolution.
Polygon recently spoke with Ubisoft on its plans to change the way we experience stories in games.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)