The next installment in the Assassin's Creed series will be coming in Ubisoft's 2014 fiscal year, and will feature a new hero in a new time period, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced today during the company's third-quarter earnings call.
"We are delighted and proud to announce today that in financial year '14, we will introduce an all-new Assassin's Creed hero, within an all new team and time period, and we expect it to be another major leap forward for the franchise," said Guillemot. "It is the benefit of multiple teams working on multiple chapters of the product, each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin's Creed game."
Guillemot added Ubisoft will share more details on the next Assassin's Creed title "very soon."
Ubisoft's next fiscal year will run from April 1, 2013, through March 31, 2014.
Released last fall, Assassin's Creed 3 introduced the series' newest hero, Connor (Native American name Ratonhnhaké:ton), and was the first title to bring the franchise's storyline to North America. It took place in colonial America during the late 18th century, around the American Revolution.
Polygon recently spoke with Ubisoft on its plans to change the way we experience stories in games.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Combo Compilation of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?