Capcom will release 17 high-definition 8-bit titles to its Capcom Arcade Cabinet "platform" on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network starting this spring, the company announced today.
From Feb. 19 through May 21, Capcom will release the games on a staggered schedule in both three-game bundles and individually. Purchasing all 15 listed games will net buyers two additional games for free, with titles and a release date to be announced at a future time.
The Arcade Cabinet "platform" includes additional features like a music player, DIP switch functionality and music and art libraries. Certain titles support two-player online play, global leaderboards and an infinite-lives training mode. Players will also have the option to play either the original Japanese or international versions of each game.
Both versions of the Arcade Cabinet include in-game capture support. Players on PlayStation 3 will be able to capture and upload video directly to YouTube, while Xbox 360 users can post screenshots to Facebook.
Each three-game bundle costs $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points, and each individual game costs $3.99 or 320 Microsoft Points. The first game pack costs $4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points:
- Feb. 19: Black Tiger demo (PSN, free); Game Pack 1 - Black Tiger, Avengers 1943: The Battle of Midway (PSN)
- Feb. 20: Black Tiger demo (XBLA, free); Game Pack 1 (XBLA)
- March 5: Game Pack 2 - Ghosts n Goblins, Gun.Smoke, Section Z (PSN,/XBLA); Avengers (PSN); 1943: The Battle of Midway (PSN)
- March 19: Game Pack 3 - Side Arms, Legendary Wings, Trojan (PSN/XBLA); Ghosts n Goblins (PSN/XBLA); Gun.Smoke (PSN/XBLA); Section Z (PSN/XBLA)
- April 2: Game Pack 4 - Commando, The Speed Rumbler, Exed Exes (Savage Bees) (PSN/XBLA); Side Arms (PSN/XBLA); Legendary Wings (PSN/XBLA); Trojan (PSN/XBLA)
- April 16: Game Pack 5 - 1942, SonSon, Pirate Ship Higemaru (PSN/XBLA); Commando (PSN/XBLA); The Speed Runner (PSN/XBLA); Exed Exes (Savage Bees) (PSN/XBLA)
- April 30: 1942 (PSN/XBLA); SonSon (PSN/XBLA); Pirate Ship Higemaru (PSN/XBLA)
- May 21: All-in-One pack containing all games, for $29.99 or 2000 Microsoft Points (PSN/XBLA)
Black Tiger will kick off the Arcade Cabinet releases on Feb. 19. PlayStation 3 users will have unlimited "credits" and can play the game for free, while Xbox 360 players will have one free credit for playing.
- PAX East 2014: All the games, all the news, all the kilts
- League of Legends bots will start playing like people in new update
- What can Sony do to save the Vita?
- Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut - Overview video
- From gatekeepers to guns for hire: The new role of indie game publishers
- World of Darkness developer CCP sees $21 million loss in 2013 fiscal year
- Bungie fires Halo composer Martin O'Donnell (update)
- Half-Life record breaking speedrun clocks in under 21 minutes
- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles review: passing by
- Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn registrations exceeds 2 million worldwide