Capcom will release 17 high-definition 8-bit titles to its Capcom Arcade Cabinet "platform" on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network starting this spring, the company announced today.
From Feb. 19 through May 21, Capcom will release the games on a staggered schedule in both three-game bundles and individually. Purchasing all 15 listed games will net buyers two additional games for free, with titles and a release date to be announced at a future time.
The Arcade Cabinet "platform" includes additional features like a music player, DIP switch functionality and music and art libraries. Certain titles support two-player online play, global leaderboards and an infinite-lives training mode. Players will also have the option to play either the original Japanese or international versions of each game.
Both versions of the Arcade Cabinet include in-game capture support. Players on PlayStation 3 will be able to capture and upload video directly to YouTube, while Xbox 360 users can post screenshots to Facebook.
Each three-game bundle costs $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points, and each individual game costs $3.99 or 320 Microsoft Points. The first game pack costs $4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points:
- Feb. 19: Black Tiger demo (PSN, free); Game Pack 1 - Black Tiger, Avengers 1943: The Battle of Midway (PSN)
- Feb. 20: Black Tiger demo (XBLA, free); Game Pack 1 (XBLA)
- March 5: Game Pack 2 - Ghosts n Goblins, Gun.Smoke, Section Z (PSN,/XBLA); Avengers (PSN); 1943: The Battle of Midway (PSN)
- March 19: Game Pack 3 - Side Arms, Legendary Wings, Trojan (PSN/XBLA); Ghosts n Goblins (PSN/XBLA); Gun.Smoke (PSN/XBLA); Section Z (PSN/XBLA)
- April 2: Game Pack 4 - Commando, The Speed Rumbler, Exed Exes (Savage Bees) (PSN/XBLA); Side Arms (PSN/XBLA); Legendary Wings (PSN/XBLA); Trojan (PSN/XBLA)
- April 16: Game Pack 5 - 1942, SonSon, Pirate Ship Higemaru (PSN/XBLA); Commando (PSN/XBLA); The Speed Runner (PSN/XBLA); Exed Exes (Savage Bees) (PSN/XBLA)
- April 30: 1942 (PSN/XBLA); SonSon (PSN/XBLA); Pirate Ship Higemaru (PSN/XBLA)
- May 21: All-in-One pack containing all games, for $29.99 or 2000 Microsoft Points (PSN/XBLA)
Black Tiger will kick off the Arcade Cabinet releases on Feb. 19. PlayStation 3 users will have unlimited "credits" and can play the game for free, while Xbox 360 players will have one free credit for playing.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- See how World of Warcraft's other side lives
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'