The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct's U.K. pre-order bonus includes waves of zombie hordes and several bladed weapons, according to a press release from publisher Activision.
The Walker Heard Survival Pack gives players who pre-order the game at GAME stores in the U.K. and GameStops in the Republic of Ireland access to the wave-based Herd Mode and a variety of bladed melee weapons, including a survival knife, kukri, hatchet and two machetes. The U.K.'s Survival Pack is a combination of U.S. pre-order bonuses from Amazon, which includes five bladed weapons, and GameStop, which includes Herd Mode (and a bonus severed ear necklace).
Developed by Terminal Reality, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is based on AMC's The Walking Dead TV show and follows the post-apocalyptic adventures of the contentious Dixon brothers. You can check out a just-released trailer featuring the voices and likenesses of Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Merle (Michael Rooker) here.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will be released March 19 in the U.S. for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC, March 22 in the U.K. and March 26 in the U.S. for Wii U.
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today