Disney Infinity's Cars Play Set, which will bring characters and settings from the Pixar franchise to the game, will be revealed in the March 2013 issue of Game Informer, according to a report published in VideoGamer.
The Cars expansion will allow players to build racetracks and host tournaments and include characters like Lightning McQueen and Mater, who've appeared in previous promotional materials for the game. Events in the Play Set will take place in the home of many of those characters, Radiator Springs, set sometime after the events of Cars 2. According to the report, in Toy Box mode players can destroy set pieces and use them to perform tricks off of.
Disney announced Infinity, a Skylanders-like hybrid between physical toys and video games, at an event in January. Set to launch in June on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with mobile and other platforms to follow, Disney already revealed characters from The Incredibles, Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean and more. For more on Disney Infinity, be sure to check our our hands-on from the event last month.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'