Maxis will hold a second closed beta weekend for the SimCity reboot next weekend, the developer announced today.
The beta will begin at 9 a.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 16 and run until 9 a.m. ET on Sunday, Feb. 17. The beta will feature an enhanced version of the one-hour gameplay segment from the first closed beta session in January.
Interested participants must sign up at the SimCity official website before 9 a.m. ET on Feb. 11.
Maxis also announced that players who pre-order the game will receive the Heroes and Villains pack, available only in the SimCity Limited Edition set. Heroes and Villains allows players to add organized crime and superheroes to their cities. Check out the trailer posted below for more details on the add-on.
SimCity will be released for Windows PC in North America on March 5 and internationally on March 7. A Mac version of the title is still in development and will launch sometime after the PC version. Cross-platform will be supported between both versions.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes