"I'm not thrilled with the servers being split either... I am definitely aware of the demand and feedback, not only in this thread, but also from threads before finding out these bad news; so be sure that I will pass it along.There is no guarantee this will change though," posted Yuri Lindbergh.
Community members on the official forums expressed disappointment at not being able to play with friends in other countries.
"I am dumbfounded that we are still having locked regions, especially as when 3U was announced and it was confirmed that Nintendo would be hosting instead of Capcom, everyone assumed (with good reason as there was precedence) that there would be one global server. It leads you to wonder just what the reasoning behind it was...," wrote one gamer.
The title will be available on Wii U and 3DS on March 19, 2013.
Polygon contacted Capcom regarding its decision to have region locked servers and will update as more information becomes available.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League