"I'm not thrilled with the servers being split either... I am definitely aware of the demand and feedback, not only in this thread, but also from threads before finding out these bad news; so be sure that I will pass it along.There is no guarantee this will change though," posted Yuri Lindbergh.
Community members on the official forums expressed disappointment at not being able to play with friends in other countries.
"I am dumbfounded that we are still having locked regions, especially as when 3U was announced and it was confirmed that Nintendo would be hosting instead of Capcom, everyone assumed (with good reason as there was precedence) that there would be one global server. It leads you to wonder just what the reasoning behind it was...," wrote one gamer.
The title will be available on Wii U and 3DS on March 19, 2013.
Polygon contacted Capcom regarding its decision to have region locked servers and will update as more information becomes available.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Six Pacmen is a musical rendition of a classic game
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- Telltale describes the difficulty of starting over in The Walking Dead Season Two
- Goat Simulator's Steam support is the 'most defining and important part'
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Report: Xbox Live could feature targeted political ads
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!