"I'm not thrilled with the servers being split either... I am definitely aware of the demand and feedback, not only in this thread, but also from threads before finding out these bad news; so be sure that I will pass it along.There is no guarantee this will change though," posted Yuri Lindbergh.
Community members on the official forums expressed disappointment at not being able to play with friends in other countries.
"I am dumbfounded that we are still having locked regions, especially as when 3U was announced and it was confirmed that Nintendo would be hosting instead of Capcom, everyone assumed (with good reason as there was precedence) that there would be one global server. It leads you to wonder just what the reasoning behind it was...," wrote one gamer.
The title will be available on Wii U and 3DS on March 19, 2013.
Polygon contacted Capcom regarding its decision to have region locked servers and will update as more information becomes available.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition