"I'm not thrilled with the servers being split either... I am definitely aware of the demand and feedback, not only in this thread, but also from threads before finding out these bad news; so be sure that I will pass it along.There is no guarantee this will change though," posted Yuri Lindbergh.
Community members on the official forums expressed disappointment at not being able to play with friends in other countries.
"I am dumbfounded that we are still having locked regions, especially as when 3U was announced and it was confirmed that Nintendo would be hosting instead of Capcom, everyone assumed (with good reason as there was precedence) that there would be one global server. It leads you to wonder just what the reasoning behind it was...," wrote one gamer.
The title will be available on Wii U and 3DS on March 19, 2013.
Polygon contacted Capcom regarding its decision to have region locked servers and will update as more information becomes available.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?