Rock Band 3 developer Harmonix is adding five hit ballads to the game's music library next week for Valentine's Day, including Extreme's acoustic gem "More Than Words," the company announced today.
Extreme's number-one single from 1990 will be joined by four other well-known love songs from the '70s and '80s. The group of Valentine's Day tracks includes a 2009 re-recording of "Love Hurts," the awesomely bad Nazareth song, as well as Soft Cell's "Tainted Love." Peter Cetera's 1986 hit "Glory of Love," which appeared in The Karate Kid Part II, and REO Speedwagon's "Keep on Loving You" round out the five-song set.
The songs won't be bundled; each track will be sold for $1.99 on PlayStation Network, $2 on the Wii Shop and 160 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live. Harmonix is including a Pro Guitar track for "More Than Words" at no extra charge; the feature usually costs an additional dollar. "Glory of Love," "Keep on Loving You" and "Tainted Love" include support for the Rock Band 3 keyboard.
All five songs will be available Feb. 12 in the Rock Band Music Store.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'