One day after Ubisoft announced a six-month delay for the Wii U version of Rayman Legends, the publisher told fans it is working with developer Ubisoft Montpellier to make a Wii U-exclusive second demo of the game.
"We understand your frustration and that you want to get your hands on the game," Ubisoft said today on its Facebook page. "We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more."
The existing Rayman Legends demo has been available in the Wii U eShop since Dec. 13.
Many Wii U owners had been anticipating the release of Rayman Legends, which was originally scheduled to launch in three weeks. They were furious to hear yesterday's announcement that they'll instead have to wait an additional six months until early September, when Ubisoft will launch the Wii U version along with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions that are also in development.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27