StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm's public beta will come to an end on March 1, while private beta testing will continue until the game goes live, Blizzard announced via Battle.net.
According to the post, the public beta is closing to prepare for the game's launch on March 12. Blizzard will continue to work with eSports to ensure that the game will be featured in professional matches after March 1.
"We're incredibly thankful for the feedback and data our testers have produced throughout the beta, and we hope that all testers continue to practice, prepare and pursue XP levels in the beta through the end of February," the post reads.
StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm is the second planned entry of three for the game. The expansion introduces new units, multiplayer and campaign additions, and it will release for Mac and Windows PC. Blizzard recently released a video showing off the many ways to play Heart of the Swarm. Check out our recent interview with game director Dustin Browder here.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death