Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls will launch Oct. 8 on PlayStation 3, and its cast will feature Willem Dafoe in addition to Ellen Page, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment announced today.
Dafoe's involvement with Beyond was rumored last June. He will star as Nathan Dawkins, a scientist sent by the government to analyze the unique supernatural powers possessed by protagonist Jodie Holmes (Page). You can watch a trailer featuring Dafoe above. The clip is a flashback to Dawkins' first meeting with Holmes, when she was a child. Sony released an interview with Dafoe as well; check it out below, along with some production photos.
Sony also announced its pre-order program for Beyond today. While supplies last, all pre-order customers will be upgraded to the Special Edition of the game. It comes in a Steelbook case and includes behind-the-scenes videos, a copy of the game's soundtrack, a dynamic PS3 theme and PlayStation Network avatars. Those who pre-order at GameStop in the U.S., or EB Games in Canada, will receive DLC with an exclusive extra half hour of content.
Beyond: Two Souls is in development at Quantic Dream, the studio behind Heavy Rain. It follows Holmes as she grows from a child into a young woman and comes to grips with her spirit-like supernatural companion, Aiden. For more on Beyond, read our interviews from Comic-Con 2012 and DICE 2013 with writer and director David Cage.
Update: Beyond: Two Souls will hit Europe on Oct. 11, Sony announced today.
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Jack Tretton steps down as CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Darkseid exclusively joins Injustice:Gods Among Us app
- Inafune shows off side-scrolling action game Azure Striker Gunvolt
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Watch Dogs for Wii U still in development, 2014 release possible
- Independent Games Festival chairman raising funds for battle with cancer
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Batman Returns (Wed 5 Mar)