Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls will launch Oct. 8 on PlayStation 3, and its cast will feature Willem Dafoe in addition to Ellen Page, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment announced today.
Dafoe's involvement with Beyond was rumored last June. He will star as Nathan Dawkins, a scientist sent by the government to analyze the unique supernatural powers possessed by protagonist Jodie Holmes (Page). You can watch a trailer featuring Dafoe above. The clip is a flashback to Dawkins' first meeting with Holmes, when she was a child. Sony released an interview with Dafoe as well; check it out below, along with some production photos.
Sony also announced its pre-order program for Beyond today. While supplies last, all pre-order customers will be upgraded to the Special Edition of the game. It comes in a Steelbook case and includes behind-the-scenes videos, a copy of the game's soundtrack, a dynamic PS3 theme and PlayStation Network avatars. Those who pre-order at GameStop in the U.S., or EB Games in Canada, will receive DLC with an exclusive extra half hour of content.
Beyond: Two Souls is in development at Quantic Dream, the studio behind Heavy Rain. It follows Holmes as she grows from a child into a young woman and comes to grips with her spirit-like supernatural companion, Aiden. For more on Beyond, read our interviews from Comic-Con 2012 and DICE 2013 with writer and director David Cage.
Update: Beyond: Two Souls will hit Europe on Oct. 11, Sony announced today.
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine