Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls will launch Oct. 8 on PlayStation 3, and its cast will feature Willem Dafoe in addition to Ellen Page, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment announced today.
Dafoe's involvement with Beyond was rumored last June. He will star as Nathan Dawkins, a scientist sent by the government to analyze the unique supernatural powers possessed by protagonist Jodie Holmes (Page). You can watch a trailer featuring Dafoe above. The clip is a flashback to Dawkins' first meeting with Holmes, when she was a child. Sony released an interview with Dafoe as well; check it out below, along with some production photos.
Sony also announced its pre-order program for Beyond today. While supplies last, all pre-order customers will be upgraded to the Special Edition of the game. It comes in a Steelbook case and includes behind-the-scenes videos, a copy of the game's soundtrack, a dynamic PS3 theme and PlayStation Network avatars. Those who pre-order at GameStop in the U.S., or EB Games in Canada, will receive DLC with an exclusive extra half hour of content.
Beyond: Two Souls is in development at Quantic Dream, the studio behind Heavy Rain. It follows Holmes as she grows from a child into a young woman and comes to grips with her spirit-like supernatural companion, Aiden. For more on Beyond, read our interviews from Comic-Con 2012 and DICE 2013 with writer and director David Cage.
Update: Beyond: Two Souls will hit Europe on Oct. 11, Sony announced today.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- The Dreamcast was the beginning, and the end, of the golden age of peripherals
- Project Cars trailer touts photorealism and reveals a November release
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post Your Rig!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Hex Heroes and the (possible) problem with Wii U exclusive Kickstarters
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward