Call it a sick day.
Griffin succumbed to the Andromeda Strain this week, leaving Frushtick, Hoops and myself to brave The Besties without him. I confess, it was tough. Fortunately, we had two very different, very unusual games to discuss in the forms of Proteus and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
Proteus is what you might call an art game. Drawn in colorful and simple polygons, the game lacks traditional goals and rules. When Proteus was released a few weeks ago, a band of perturbed critics claimed Proteus wasn't a game at all.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on the other hand is the stereotypical action video game. The neo-future world is chock-full of robots and foot soldiers that can be sliced like a watermelon in Fruit Ninja. The game has a clear goal and that's KILL, KILL, KILL!
To kill or chase a frog: that is the question.
- 03:00 - Proteus
- 16:30 - Half Time / The spread of the Andromeda Strain
- 20:30 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- 40:30 - What's next? Tomb Raider and SimCity
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Games with great Sound Design
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26