The first of three episodes introduces the main character, Fester Mudd, a farmer on a quest through the old west to find his brother Budd. Developed by Prank Entertainment, the game features classic inventory-style puzzles, fast travel and ‘90s adventure game humour.
"We are extremely proud of our original IP game in conjunction with Prank Entertainment and are happy to be carrying on the adventure gaming torch," Paul Trowe , CEO of Replay Games stated in a release. "Fester Mudd is exactly like the type of games we used to create at Sierra On-Line back in the days of King's Quest, Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry.
"If any of those games appealed to our audience, they will have a blast playing Fester and we hope our audience is as excited to play it as we are to bring it to them."
Fester Mudd: The Curse of the Gold was a collaboration with Finnish game designer Paavo Härkönen of Prank and Replay Games CEO and industry veteran writer Josh Mandel. Replay Games is currently developing the remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards.
Fester Mudd is on Steam Greenlight, a community review process where gamers vote on which games they would like to see released on the Steam platform. iOS and Android support is coming soon
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell