Capcom's free Windows PC title Street Fighter X Mega Man and its recent "Version 2" update have surpassed one million downloads worldwide, the company claims.
"The precise number of downloads is a bit tricky, because the file's freeware status means people could upload it to any ol' file service and share indefinitely," senior online/community manager Brett Elston wrote on the blog. "So while we can be sure we hit one million tracked downloads, there's no telling how many people grabbed it from another source.
"Suffice it to say, it got around."
An updated version of the crossover fighter was released Jan 18. to address the game's "rough edges.''
Version 2 features improvements to the game's controller support as well as general bug fixes. Balancing tweaks were also made to the famous M. Bison Street Fighter character.
Mega Man 3 hits the 3DS Virtual Console March 14, with sequels 4, 5 and 6 slated for release each following month. Capcom says the digital versions of the soundtracks will be available for purchase before Mega Man 6 is released.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Plague Quarter - Overview Video
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp