A patch released yesterday for Tomb Raider on PC aims to fix the title's stability and startup issues, as well as problems with AMD's TressFX hair rendering software, according the patch notes on Steam.
The patch fixes issues that have been occurring on computers running both Intel and Nvidia graphics hardware, including startup crashes when trying to selecting the Options menu. Small improvements have also been made to the TressFX hair rendering software, which has been causing performance issues since the game launched last week.
Late last week Nvidia apologized to players for the problems, saying that the company hadn't received final code of Tomb Raider until the previous weekend, "which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided."
The patch also adds support for inversion aiming using the mouse or gamepad, as well as x-axis inversion support. Problems preventing visibility of certain effects in fullscreen mode have also been fixed, as well as a handful of glitches preventing game progression.
The patch will be applied automatically the next time Tomb Raider players sign into Steam. Players also have the option to test a beta version of the patch, Build716.5, although multiplayer will only be available among players on the same version of the game. A full list of notes is available on Steam.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible