Mojang's next annual Minecraft convention, MineCon, will "most definitely" take place in the United States, according to Mojang Director of Fun Lydia Wintors.
At a SXSW Interactive panel attended by Joystiq, Wintors confirmed the location.
"It'll be in the US, that's for sure," Wintors said. "It's most definitely in the US. That's all I can say. I would like to tell more, but it's not 100 percent certain so I can't say anything yet."
Wintors added that while at SXSW, her schedule would include a meeting to discuss the upcoming convention's details.
MinecraftCon began as a small gathering at Bellevue, Wash. in 2010 before growing into the full-fledged MineCon at Las Vegas in 2011. Last year's event was held at the Paris Disneyland Park from Nov. 24-25. Tickets sold out in two hours.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Puppeteer, PayDay 2 and more join PS Plus Europe free game collection April 30
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?