Mojang's next annual Minecraft convention, MineCon, will "most definitely" take place in the United States, according to Mojang Director of Fun Lydia Wintors.
At a SXSW Interactive panel attended by Joystiq, Wintors confirmed the location.
"It'll be in the US, that's for sure," Wintors said. "It's most definitely in the US. That's all I can say. I would like to tell more, but it's not 100 percent certain so I can't say anything yet."
Wintors added that while at SXSW, her schedule would include a meeting to discuss the upcoming convention's details.
MinecraftCon began as a small gathering at Bellevue, Wash. in 2010 before growing into the full-fledged MineCon at Las Vegas in 2011. Last year's event was held at the Paris Disneyland Park from Nov. 24-25. Tickets sold out in two hours.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!