Mojang's next annual Minecraft convention, MineCon, will "most definitely" take place in the United States, according to Mojang Director of Fun Lydia Wintors.
At a SXSW Interactive panel attended by Joystiq, Wintors confirmed the location.
"It'll be in the US, that's for sure," Wintors said. "It's most definitely in the US. That's all I can say. I would like to tell more, but it's not 100 percent certain so I can't say anything yet."
Wintors added that while at SXSW, her schedule would include a meeting to discuss the upcoming convention's details.
MinecraftCon began as a small gathering at Bellevue, Wash. in 2010 before growing into the full-fledged MineCon at Las Vegas in 2011. Last year's event was held at the Paris Disneyland Park from Nov. 24-25. Tickets sold out in two hours.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft