God of War: Ascension developer Sony Santa Monica will alter the Trophy "Bros Before Hos" to "Bros Before Foes" in an upcoming game patch, the studio told Joystiq.
"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies," read Sony Santa Monica's statement to Joystiq. "The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game. We are endlessly committed to ensuring that our community can fully enjoy the experiences the team has created. As such, we've addressed the feedback and amended the Trophy in question."
The Trophy will be updated once the patch is applied. Players will be prompted to download the patch when they start up the game.
The original "Bros Before Hos" Trophy was unlocked when players brutally attacked a Fury, one of the female antagonists in the game. Some members of the gaming community found the Trophy offensive and misogynistic.
Update: A Sony representative confirmed with Polygon that the patch that addresses the Trophy in question (ver. 1.02) only changes the name of the Trophy and does not affect any other part of the game.
Polygon's review of God of War: Ascension can be read here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US