God of War: Ascension developer Sony Santa Monica will alter the Trophy "Bros Before Hos" to "Bros Before Foes" in an upcoming game patch, the studio told Joystiq.
"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies," read Sony Santa Monica's statement to Joystiq. "The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game. We are endlessly committed to ensuring that our community can fully enjoy the experiences the team has created. As such, we've addressed the feedback and amended the Trophy in question."
The Trophy will be updated once the patch is applied. Players will be prompted to download the patch when they start up the game.
The original "Bros Before Hos" Trophy was unlocked when players brutally attacked a Fury, one of the female antagonists in the game. Some members of the gaming community found the Trophy offensive and misogynistic.
Update: A Sony representative confirmed with Polygon that the patch that addresses the Trophy in question (ver. 1.02) only changes the name of the Trophy and does not affect any other part of the game.
Polygon's review of God of War: Ascension can be read here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)