God of War: Ascension developer Sony Santa Monica will alter the Trophy "Bros Before Hos" to "Bros Before Foes" in an upcoming game patch, the studio told Joystiq.
"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies," read Sony Santa Monica's statement to Joystiq. "The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game. We are endlessly committed to ensuring that our community can fully enjoy the experiences the team has created. As such, we've addressed the feedback and amended the Trophy in question."
The Trophy will be updated once the patch is applied. Players will be prompted to download the patch when they start up the game.
The original "Bros Before Hos" Trophy was unlocked when players brutally attacked a Fury, one of the female antagonists in the game. Some members of the gaming community found the Trophy offensive and misogynistic.
Update: A Sony representative confirmed with Polygon that the patch that addresses the Trophy in question (ver. 1.02) only changes the name of the Trophy and does not affect any other part of the game.
Polygon's review of God of War: Ascension can be read here.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design