God of War: Ascension developer Sony Santa Monica will alter the Trophy "Bros Before Hos" to "Bros Before Foes" in an upcoming game patch, the studio told Joystiq.
"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies," read Sony Santa Monica's statement to Joystiq. "The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game. We are endlessly committed to ensuring that our community can fully enjoy the experiences the team has created. As such, we've addressed the feedback and amended the Trophy in question."
The Trophy will be updated once the patch is applied. Players will be prompted to download the patch when they start up the game.
The original "Bros Before Hos" Trophy was unlocked when players brutally attacked a Fury, one of the female antagonists in the game. Some members of the gaming community found the Trophy offensive and misogynistic.
Update: A Sony representative confirmed with Polygon that the patch that addresses the Trophy in question (ver. 1.02) only changes the name of the Trophy and does not affect any other part of the game.
Polygon's review of God of War: Ascension can be read here.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Here's the opening to that Bayonetta anime they've been talking about forever
- Learn how to copy, and know when to steal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?