Amplitude Studios's 4X turn-based strategy game, Endless Space, will receive a free fourth add-on in celebration of 300,000 copies sold, the developer announced.
In Endless Space, players colonize and expand civilization by trading, questing and more. The add-on, titled "Virtual Awakening," will add new content either designed or voted on by the game's community. In addition to AI improvements and random events, the add-on includes four new heroes as well as asteroid and gas giant gameplay elements. You can read the full list here.
Endless Space launched for Windows PC and Mac in July 2012. The game is currently $14.99, half off its usual price, on Steam until March 18. Read our feature on how fans helped design Endless Space here.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song