Nintendo of Japan will release the Nintendo 3DS XL in two new minty color schemes when Mii collecting sequel Tomodachi Collection hits store shelves next month.
On April 18, the same day the new Tomodachi Collection arrives, a mint and white 3DS XL will be made available for ¥18,900 (about $196). Nintendo will also release a Tomodachi Collection bundle, featuring a white 3DS XL decorated with patterned speech and thought bubbles and a 4 GB SD card with a copy of the game pre-installed. The bundle will retail for ¥22,800 (about $236).
Tomodachi Collection is a life simulation game that was originally released on Nintendo DS in 2009. The game was a bestseller for Nintendo, selling more than 3 million copies overseas. The original game was not released outside of Japan due to the difficulty of localizing the game, producer Yoshio Sakamato has said.
Watch Nintendo president Satoru Iwata reveal the Tomodachi Collection bundle in the latest Japanese language Chotto Nintendo Direct.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?