Nintendo of Japan will release the Nintendo 3DS XL in two new minty color schemes when Mii collecting sequel Tomodachi Collection hits store shelves next month.
On April 18, the same day the new Tomodachi Collection arrives, a mint and white 3DS XL will be made available for ¥18,900 (about $196). Nintendo will also release a Tomodachi Collection bundle, featuring a white 3DS XL decorated with patterned speech and thought bubbles and a 4 GB SD card with a copy of the game pre-installed. The bundle will retail for ¥22,800 (about $236).
Tomodachi Collection is a life simulation game that was originally released on Nintendo DS in 2009. The game was a bestseller for Nintendo, selling more than 3 million copies overseas. The original game was not released outside of Japan due to the difficulty of localizing the game, producer Yoshio Sakamato has said.
Watch Nintendo president Satoru Iwata reveal the Tomodachi Collection bundle in the latest Japanese language Chotto Nintendo Direct.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today