Nintendo of Japan will release the Nintendo 3DS XL in two new minty color schemes when Mii collecting sequel Tomodachi Collection hits store shelves next month.
On April 18, the same day the new Tomodachi Collection arrives, a mint and white 3DS XL will be made available for ¥18,900 (about $196). Nintendo will also release a Tomodachi Collection bundle, featuring a white 3DS XL decorated with patterned speech and thought bubbles and a 4 GB SD card with a copy of the game pre-installed. The bundle will retail for ¥22,800 (about $236).
Tomodachi Collection is a life simulation game that was originally released on Nintendo DS in 2009. The game was a bestseller for Nintendo, selling more than 3 million copies overseas. The original game was not released outside of Japan due to the difficulty of localizing the game, producer Yoshio Sakamato has said.
Watch Nintendo president Satoru Iwata reveal the Tomodachi Collection bundle in the latest Japanese language Chotto Nintendo Direct.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward