Nintendo of Japan will release the Nintendo 3DS XL in two new minty color schemes when Mii collecting sequel Tomodachi Collection hits store shelves next month.
On April 18, the same day the new Tomodachi Collection arrives, a mint and white 3DS XL will be made available for ¥18,900 (about $196). Nintendo will also release a Tomodachi Collection bundle, featuring a white 3DS XL decorated with patterned speech and thought bubbles and a 4 GB SD card with a copy of the game pre-installed. The bundle will retail for ¥22,800 (about $236).
Tomodachi Collection is a life simulation game that was originally released on Nintendo DS in 2009. The game was a bestseller for Nintendo, selling more than 3 million copies overseas. The original game was not released outside of Japan due to the difficulty of localizing the game, producer Yoshio Sakamato has said.
Watch Nintendo president Satoru Iwata reveal the Tomodachi Collection bundle in the latest Japanese language Chotto Nintendo Direct.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?