The latest update for on the : Black Ops 2 360 introduces microtransactions called Micro Items, an official Activision blog revealed today.
Activision is touting Micro Items as "little luxuries" and maintains these items won't affect the gameplay.
"This content contains either personal customizations or nice little luxuries that I've seen players request; none of them affect gameplay, but they are small, specific ways to enhance your online experience," wrote Activision's social media manager Dan Amrich.
Micro Items include superficial customization options, such as themed weapon packs for 160 Microsoft Points. The packs include a weapon camo, a custom player card and three targeting reticules for Reflex, EO Tech and ACOG sights.One themed pack includes a bacon themed weapon camo.
Extra slot packs are also classified as Micro Items. For 160 Microsoft Points, players can now purchase ten more Create-a-Class slots, increasing the maximum possible total slots available to 20. Media storage is also increased with up to 20 more emblems, 40 more screenshots and 32 more videos.
Nuketown Zombies is available to purchase as a stand alone level for 400 Microsoft Points and geographical flag-themed calling card packs cost 80 Microsoft Points per region pack.
"At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who've asked for more customization options," Amrich wrote. "If that's not you, that's fine; everybody gets Nuketown 2025 for free, so definitely take advantage of that."
The microtransactions will roll out to the other Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 versions at a later date.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)