The latest update for on the : Black Ops 2 360 introduces microtransactions called Micro Items, an official Activision blog revealed today.
Activision is touting Micro Items as "little luxuries" and maintains these items won't affect the gameplay.
"This content contains either personal customizations or nice little luxuries that I've seen players request; none of them affect gameplay, but they are small, specific ways to enhance your online experience," wrote Activision's social media manager Dan Amrich.
Micro Items include superficial customization options, such as themed weapon packs for 160 Microsoft Points. The packs include a weapon camo, a custom player card and three targeting reticules for Reflex, EO Tech and ACOG sights.One themed pack includes a bacon themed weapon camo.
Extra slot packs are also classified as Micro Items. For 160 Microsoft Points, players can now purchase ten more Create-a-Class slots, increasing the maximum possible total slots available to 20. Media storage is also increased with up to 20 more emblems, 40 more screenshots and 32 more videos.
Nuketown Zombies is available to purchase as a stand alone level for 400 Microsoft Points and geographical flag-themed calling card packs cost 80 Microsoft Points per region pack.
"At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who've asked for more customization options," Amrich wrote. "If that's not you, that's fine; everybody gets Nuketown 2025 for free, so definitely take advantage of that."
The microtransactions will roll out to the other Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 versions at a later date.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?