GungHo Online Entertainment America introduced six Japanese PSOne Classics to the North American PlayStation Store today, according to a post by Antonio Cara, GungHo's community coordinator, on the PlayStation Blog.
Each game retails for $5.99 and is presented in its original Japanese form without translation, so you may need to "bring your Berlitz Japanese/English dictionary with you" for some of the text-heavy titles, Cara wrote.
The list includes:
- Sentimental Graffiti: a dating simulator from the late 90s, which tasks players with finding out who sent them a letter saying simply "I want to see you."
- First Queen 4: a real-time strategy/role-playing game hybrid that uses the "Gocha-kyara" (tons of characters) battle system and sees players commanding ever-larger armies as the campaign unfolds.
- Trump Shiyouyo! Fukkoku-ban: a card game in which players compete against in-game animals over games like Baba-nuki (Old Maid), Poker, Blackjack and Shinkei-suijyaku (Concentration).
- Oz no Mahoutsukai - Another World - RungRung: a video game take on The Wizard of Oz where players take on the role of Dorothy and travel throughout Oz making friends and trying to find their way back to Kansas.
- Mahjong Uranai Fortuna - Tsuki no Megami Tachi: a twist on the classic Chinese tile game mahjong in which players compete against "fortune-telling beauties" who can conjure up your horoscope at any time in the game's Fortune-telling Mode.
- Favorite Dear - Enkan no Monogatari: the third installment in the Favorite Dear series is a dating simulator/role-playing game/virtual novel mashup in which players control a team of warriors on the battlefield and manage relationships when they're not fighting monsters.
The games are all compatible with PlayStation 3, and Cara wrote in the comments that GungHo has "been assured" that they also will be compatible with PlayStation Vita. In the blog post's comments, he said he will confirm compatibility when the games are live in the PlayStation Store.
Late last year, GungHo brought another six-pack of Japanese imports to the North American PlayStation Store, which you can check out here.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks