The Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console releases of Game Boy Color games The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will hit "before summer," according to an update from Nintendo.
The Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma took to the Wii U's Miiverse to offer an update on the status of the Virtual Console rerelease of the two games, first released on Game Boy Color in 2001.
"The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages are now out in Japan," Aonuma wrote. "Our plan is to release these two games in other territories some time before summer!"
Aonuma went on to explain how the two Zelda games work in tandem, unlocking secrets within each other through the "Link System," adding, "We hope you're looking forward to linking up with these classic games! Thank you!"
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were released on 3DS Virtual Console on Feb. 27 in Japan, 12 years to the day of their original Game Boy Color release. The titles were priced at ¥600 each or ¥1,000 for both.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?