The Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console releases of Game Boy Color games The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will hit "before summer," according to an update from Nintendo.
The Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma took to the Wii U's Miiverse to offer an update on the status of the Virtual Console rerelease of the two games, first released on Game Boy Color in 2001.
"The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages are now out in Japan," Aonuma wrote. "Our plan is to release these two games in other territories some time before summer!"
Aonuma went on to explain how the two Zelda games work in tandem, unlocking secrets within each other through the "Link System," adding, "We hope you're looking forward to linking up with these classic games! Thank you!"
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were released on 3DS Virtual Console on Feb. 27 in Japan, 12 years to the day of their original Game Boy Color release. The titles were priced at ¥600 each or ¥1,000 for both.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?