The Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console releases of Game Boy Color games The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will hit "before summer," according to an update from Nintendo.
The Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma took to the Wii U's Miiverse to offer an update on the status of the Virtual Console rerelease of the two games, first released on Game Boy Color in 2001.
"The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages are now out in Japan," Aonuma wrote. "Our plan is to release these two games in other territories some time before summer!"
Aonuma went on to explain how the two Zelda games work in tandem, unlocking secrets within each other through the "Link System," adding, "We hope you're looking forward to linking up with these classic games! Thank you!"
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons were released on 3DS Virtual Console on Feb. 27 in Japan, 12 years to the day of their original Game Boy Color release. The titles were priced at ¥600 each or ¥1,000 for both.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with No Doubt, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28