Fire Emblem: Awakening will continue to receive free downloadable content via the Nintendo 3DS' SpotPass feature through April, Nintendo announced today.
Beginning today, players can download the first free add-on map, "A Hard Miracle," which will ally protagonist Chrom and his band of fighters with a mysterious woman on a quest to thwart a kidnapping. The next map, "Ghost of Blade," will be available on March 28, adding a sidequest story of ghosts and sacrifices, April 11 will see the release of "The Wellspring of Trust," a higher-level challenge map, and on April 25 players can download "The Radiant Hero," an island map through which Chrom and his team will seek a hero of legend.
Other bonus items will be distributed through SpotPass during this time, including new weapons, additional playable characters and opponents for Awakening's multiplayer mode, Double Duel.
Players must opt into SpotPass in order to receive the content by turning the feature on in the "Wireless" menu. A notification will alert players when new content has been downloaded, which can be accessed via the "Bonus Maps" menu.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge