Dishonored's second downloadable add-on, The Knife of Dunwall, will be available April 16 worldwide for $9.99 on Windows PC and PlayStation 3, and 800 Microsoft Points ($10) on Xbox 360, publisher Bethesda Softworks announced today.
The company teased the DLC yesterday with a screenshot, which is one of three images available below. The add-on was rumored to be called "The Other Side of the Coin," a name based on leaked PS3 Trophies.
(Note: Some Dishonored spoilers follow.)
In The Knife of Dunwall, you play as Daud, the leader of the clan of supernatural assassins known as The Whalers. Daud is the man who kills Dunwall's Empress — the act that sets Dishonored's story in motion — but he later comes to regret it. Seeking redemption, he is given a directive by The Outsider: Unravel the mystery behind Delilah. Daud sets out on a journey that includes stops in familiar places (the Whalers' base in the Flooded District) as well as areas of Dunwall not seen in Dishonored's main story (the Legal District and the Rothwild Slaughterhouse).
Like Dishonored protagonist Corvo Attano, Daud is imbued with supernatural powers by The Outsider. Some of them are new, like Summon Assassin, which lets you call in one of your acolytes for assistance in combat. Others are variations on Corvo's abilities, such as Void Gaze — which highlights Runes and Bone Charms — and Blink. Daud also has an array of gadgets at his disposal, including Chokedust, an attack that dazes enemies.
Unravel the mystery behind Delilah
Of course, the path to redemption is optional. If you so choose, you can bring out Daud's darker side instead. But The Knife of Dunwall won't contain the end of Daud's story: Dishonored's third and final add-on, The Brigmore Witches, will conclude his tale.
Dishonored launched in October 2012, and came in second place on our Games of the Year list. Its first piece of DLC, Dunwall City Trials, featured challenge maps rather than story content; it was released in December.
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Nathan Fillion and co-stars will reunite for Firefly Online
- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham's Comic-Con trailer shows the Justice League in action
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- No, Facebook won't control the games you create using the Rift