Tropical Skyrim - A Climate Overhaul, a recently updated mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, replaces the often desolate expanses of Bethesda's fantasy role-playing game world with a tropical setting.
Tropical Skyrim takes the rainy, snowy climate and replaces it with jungles, deserts, bamboo forests and more, according to the mod's description on Nexus Mods. The mod even swaps some of Skyrim's animals, with pandas instead of bears and apes swapped for trolls in some areas. Modder "Soolie" has also updated the textures on cities and buildings "to suit their surroundings."
Check out SaioTV's video above for a 14-minute tour of the climate overhaul. If you like what you see, you can download the 876MB 1.0 version of Tropical Skyrim here.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes