Tropical Skyrim - A Climate Overhaul, a recently updated mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, replaces the often desolate expanses of Bethesda's fantasy role-playing game world with a tropical setting.
Tropical Skyrim takes the rainy, snowy climate and replaces it with jungles, deserts, bamboo forests and more, according to the mod's description on Nexus Mods. The mod even swaps some of Skyrim's animals, with pandas instead of bears and apes swapped for trolls in some areas. Modder "Soolie" has also updated the textures on cities and buildings "to suit their surroundings."
Check out SaioTV's video above for a 14-minute tour of the climate overhaul. If you like what you see, you can download the 876MB 1.0 version of Tropical Skyrim here.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?