The motorcycle-racing video game series Road Rash could be revived if there is enough interest, according to a Reddit post from the series programmer and co-designer Dan Geisler.
Posting to a Reddit thread that asked why Road Rash hasn't resurfaced since the 1990s, Geisler wrote:
It hasn't resurfaced because I was burned out after Road Rash 3. But I'm ready to do another one now. I just needed 20 years off. I'm ready to make a better one now. I miss playing it too. If there is enough interest, I'll do a kickstart [sic] on it. Btw thanks for the post. Dan Geisler, programmer/co-designer Road Rash 1 2 and 3.
EA, the publisher of the original Road Rash series, is rumored to have tried to bring it back on more than one occasion. In 2007, a video of what appeared to be a modern remake of the series was leaked online. In 2010, concept art of what was believed to be a Road Rash remake surfaced, although the game was never confirmed to be in development.
We have reached out to EA — the publisher of the Road Rash series — for comment.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)