The motorcycle-racing video game series Road Rash could be revived if there is enough interest, according to a Reddit post from the series programmer and co-designer Dan Geisler.
Posting to a Reddit thread that asked why Road Rash hasn't resurfaced since the 1990s, Geisler wrote:
It hasn't resurfaced because I was burned out after Road Rash 3. But I'm ready to do another one now. I just needed 20 years off. I'm ready to make a better one now. I miss playing it too. If there is enough interest, I'll do a kickstart [sic] on it. Btw thanks for the post. Dan Geisler, programmer/co-designer Road Rash 1 2 and 3.
EA, the publisher of the original Road Rash series, is rumored to have tried to bring it back on more than one occasion. In 2007, a video of what appeared to be a modern remake of the series was leaked online. In 2010, concept art of what was believed to be a Road Rash remake surfaced, although the game was never confirmed to be in development.
We have reached out to EA — the publisher of the Road Rash series — for comment.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta