The motorcycle-racing video game series Road Rash could be revived if there is enough interest, according to a Reddit post from the series programmer and co-designer Dan Geisler.
Posting to a Reddit thread that asked why Road Rash hasn't resurfaced since the 1990s, Geisler wrote:
It hasn't resurfaced because I was burned out after Road Rash 3. But I'm ready to do another one now. I just needed 20 years off. I'm ready to make a better one now. I miss playing it too. If there is enough interest, I'll do a kickstart [sic] on it. Btw thanks for the post. Dan Geisler, programmer/co-designer Road Rash 1 2 and 3.
EA, the publisher of the original Road Rash series, is rumored to have tried to bring it back on more than one occasion. In 2007, a video of what appeared to be a modern remake of the series was leaked online. In 2010, concept art of what was believed to be a Road Rash remake surfaced, although the game was never confirmed to be in development.
We have reached out to EA — the publisher of the Road Rash series — for comment.
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us