The motorcycle-racing video game series Road Rash could be revived if there is enough interest, according to a Reddit post from the series programmer and co-designer Dan Geisler.
Posting to a Reddit thread that asked why Road Rash hasn't resurfaced since the 1990s, Geisler wrote:
It hasn't resurfaced because I was burned out after Road Rash 3. But I'm ready to do another one now. I just needed 20 years off. I'm ready to make a better one now. I miss playing it too. If there is enough interest, I'll do a kickstart [sic] on it. Btw thanks for the post. Dan Geisler, programmer/co-designer Road Rash 1 2 and 3.
EA, the publisher of the original Road Rash series, is rumored to have tried to bring it back on more than one occasion. In 2007, a video of what appeared to be a modern remake of the series was leaked online. In 2010, concept art of what was believed to be a Road Rash remake surfaced, although the game was never confirmed to be in development.
We have reached out to EA — the publisher of the Road Rash series — for comment.
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine