Nintendo 3DS role-playing game Fire Emblem Awakening had the "best first month sales in franchise history," according to Nintendo of America, selling more than 180,000 units in its first four weeks on sale.
More than a third of those sales — roughly 63,000, Nintendo says — were digital units sold through the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
Nintendo says the previous entry in the series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for Nintendo DS, has sold "a little more than 250,000 units" since launching in the U.S. in February 2009.
Developed by Intelligent Systems, Fire Emblem Awakening was released on Feb. 4, 2013, and will be available in Europe on April 19. Read Polygon's review of the game for more information.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick