Nintendo 3DS role-playing game Fire Emblem Awakening had the "best first month sales in franchise history," according to Nintendo of America, selling more than 180,000 units in its first four weeks on sale.
More than a third of those sales — roughly 63,000, Nintendo says — were digital units sold through the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
Nintendo says the previous entry in the series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for Nintendo DS, has sold "a little more than 250,000 units" since launching in the U.S. in February 2009.
Developed by Intelligent Systems, Fire Emblem Awakening was released on Feb. 4, 2013, and will be available in Europe on April 19. Read Polygon's review of the game for more information.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?