Nintendo 3DS role-playing game Fire Emblem Awakening had the "best first month sales in franchise history," according to Nintendo of America, selling more than 180,000 units in its first four weeks on sale.
More than a third of those sales — roughly 63,000, Nintendo says — were digital units sold through the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
Nintendo says the previous entry in the series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for Nintendo DS, has sold "a little more than 250,000 units" since launching in the U.S. in February 2009.
Developed by Intelligent Systems, Fire Emblem Awakening was released on Feb. 4, 2013, and will be available in Europe on April 19. Read Polygon's review of the game for more information.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders