Nintendo 3DS role-playing game Fire Emblem Awakening had the "best first month sales in franchise history," according to Nintendo of America, selling more than 180,000 units in its first four weeks on sale.
More than a third of those sales — roughly 63,000, Nintendo says — were digital units sold through the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
Nintendo says the previous entry in the series, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for Nintendo DS, has sold "a little more than 250,000 units" since launching in the U.S. in February 2009.
Developed by Intelligent Systems, Fire Emblem Awakening was released on Feb. 4, 2013, and will be available in Europe on April 19. Read Polygon's review of the game for more information.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)