Frozen Endzone concerns a futuristic football-like sport played by humanoid robots. Each game situation offers randomly generated terrain, and the two teams have to design plays in an attempt to get the ball into the endzone. The concept seems like a strange combination, but football is heavily dependent on strategy, and the movement routes seen in the trailer below vaguely resemble a top-down view from a Madden NFL title.
Single-player and multiplayer modes will be available in Frozen Endzone, and its turn-based gameplay will take place simultaneously. The title features a trance and electronica soundtrack by Nervous_testpilot.
Mode 7 has put Frozen Endzone on Steam Greenlight. The studio is developing the game on Windows PC, Mac and Linux, and plans to launch it in 2014, although it says "a beta will almost certainly be available this year."
Check out five screenshots and the announcement trailer, which features alpha gameplay footage, below.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Grand Theft Auto 5's PC version will get an updated soundtrack