Battlefield 4, the next entry in EA DICE's first-person shooter franchise, will be unveiled March 26 at an event in San Francisco, publisher Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon today.
"Please join us to celebrate a new era of Battlefield," says the company's invitation, which you can see below.
EA DICE officially announced Battlefield 4 last July in a letter to fans on its website, saying, "The team at DICE is hard at work on the next entry in the Battlefield series." The studio also said at the time that it planned to launch a multiplayer beta for the game in fall 2013; anybody who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter is guaranteed access to the beta.
Last month, EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said Battlefield 4 is in development on PlayStation 4, and said the company's absence from Sony's unveiling of the PS4 was part of its marketing strategy.
"It is just amazing what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power," said Jorgensen. Other platforms have not been confirmed at this time, although Frank Gibeau, president of EA Labels, said in February that will be released on next-generation consoles. Gibeau also said EA showed off Battlefield 4 to 500 GameStop store managers, and that it "received a huge ovation."
Battlefield 3 was released in October 2011 on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. EA DICE is concluding the game's series of five expansion packs this month with End Game.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward